‘Rebooting’ corporate Australia
Through our work at GXY Search, we have gained an insight into the key factors that lead Gen X and Y employees to disengage from their role or organisation.
Due to a global shift towards leaner organisational structures, many HR departments no longer have the resources to effectively manage employee’s careers. According to global HR consulting firm Towers Watson, 61% of employees feel that their organisation’s management does not effectively involve them in decisions that directly effect their career.
Applying this knowledge, we developed Reboot-Career, a career development program that actively involves employees in the decisions that impact their careers.
Reboot-Career has a diverse range of applications and complements your existing HR strategies with regard to people management.
Reboot-Career helps organisations:
- Meaningfully engage with employees both during and after periods of transformational change
- Assists employees retuning to work after a period of absence
- Attract and connect with graduates, giving them the skills to manage their careers from day 1
- Meet the needs of a diverse workforce by supporting and encouraging individual differences in career management
- Inspire employees to become more engaged and productive at work
As a result, Reboot-Career:
- Enables employees to identify their current priorities and evaluate them against their career plans/goals
- Reconnects employees with their passions creating a high energy culture
- Enables employees to identify activities that work with their strengths and thus increasing productivity
- Provides employees with an insight into their behavioural preferences and learn how to leverage this knowledge when making career decisions
- Provides employees with career clarity
- Makes the employee accountable for their career decisions
- Challenges the perception that career paths must be linear to be successful